I don't understand why nuclear people are so concerned about claiming hormesis. The rest of the world has already pretty much accepted it. Toxicologists fight with nutritionists over how much selenium we should have. Too much can be fatal, but a small amount is beneficial. Today, for instance, I came across the following article on contaminants in food in "The Scientist":
"It should also be noted that all substances are poisons; only the dose differentiates the poison from a remedy. This concept was developed by Paracelsus, a medical doctor in Europe in the 16th century, and it is useful in evaluating risk in our daily lives by considering examples of well-known substances with low and high toxicity consumed today. For example, water might be considered one of the least toxic substances that we commonly encounter. However, there are many reports of water toxicity in the scientific literature. Too much water can, indeed, be fatal...Even well known carcinogens, such as arsenic or nicotine, are only harmful if exposure is high enough."
So, I respectfully suggest that we stop trying to shield people from a truth that most people have already accepted:
It is possible to get too much radiation, whether sunshine or ionizing radiation, but it's a proven fact that most people would benefit from more radiation in the range of interest.